Sunday, August 20, 2006

Experimenting with styles...

I've been experimenting with different CSS for both Haloscan and the blog here to attempt to capture the essence of Dixie, so to speak, hence the background painting of the Battle of Gettysburg by James Walker (1818-1889). The background shown is only about ¾ of the total painting that I scanned in, which covers pages 330-331, from the book, The American Heritage Picture History of the Civil War (1960), by historian Bruce Catton.

I may change it as I'm still experimenting to determine what CSS layout I'll stick with for the long term. But for now, this will be the style. I almost always invariably dislike the default stuff supplied with just about anything, be it website templates, operating system settings, whatever, so I end up changing them to my liking.